The At-Risk Students and the Study of Foreign Language in School Fact Sheet from the International Dyslexia Association (IDA) covers popular topics such as:
- Are students who struggle to learn a foreign language usually classified as learning disabled?
- What is the nature of the foreign language learning difficulties of at-risk learners?
- Why might a regular foreign language class be difficult to pass for at-risk learners?
- What kinds of problems characterize the foreign language learner with mild to moderate language difficulties?
- What additional kinds of problems characterize the foreign language learner with severe language difficulties?
- What might the foreign language teacher do to assist students with mild to moderate foreign language learning difficulties?
- What additional adaptations might the teacher make that will benefit the student with severe language learning difficulties?
- Do students with foreign language learning difficulties have to study a foreign language in school?
Suggested readings/resources also included.