The Transitioning from High School to College Fact Sheet from the International Dyslexia Association (IDA) covers popular topics such as:
- Help for Students with Learning Disabilities
- When is the best time to start planning the transition?
- How can the student secure accommodations on standardized testing (SAT, ACT, and AP tests)?
- How does the student prepare the documentation and test application when requesting accommodations on standardized tests?
- What services are typically available at college?
- When should the student make contact with the college’s office of support services?
- May students use an IEP or 504 Plan when they attend college?
- What are the most basic accommodations offered by colleges and universities?
- If a student has a language waiver in high school, can he or she also get one in college?
- Should the student disclose a learning disability during the application process?
- What should a student with a learning disability look for in a college?
Suggested readings and helpful websites also included.